Thursday, September 11, 2008

Now I never want to play poker again.

I am LOVING my schedule this semester. Yeah, I have a night class on Tuesday and Wednesday, but they're just educational tech classes, no big deal. But that means after 12:20 on Thursday, I am done with classes until 2:30 Monday. Nothing on Fridays... so awesome. If I was the kind to drink and party, look at the time I could have! But what this all relates to, it's probably when I'll be updating the most now besides when I try for game days. Who knows.

Anyway... the list idea Dani had today looked good so I imitated a good idea :)

1) I'm going to a preseason game! It's the 28 against Minnesota and I'm excited. I know it's just preseason, but I've never been to one before. Let's hope my record of winning every Sabres game I've been to still holds... the 7-0 is still intact.

2) The Sabres are now giving everyone the chance to have a player related MySpace! If I still cared/didn't just go on to check band updates and contests, Goose would TOTALLY be my layout.
Related is the postings on the Sabres Facebook page about internships. How I would love to get involved with that, but infortunately I'm not a communications or business or anything related major. Plus I'm not home. One of my friends from Mount who actually goes to school with me now gets to do it and I'm super jealous.

3) I know I'm way late on this, but Mats Sundin signs... with PokerStars. I LOL'ed for a while after being frightened by his slightly uneven looking face.

4) I'm so excited to see Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers. It's their 5th anniversary as a band tour and they are going full out with things. A magazine all about their time together, chances to win all these personal meet and greets, video blogs about behind the scenes things... so awesome. They're gonna be in Rockchester on Halloween (awesome), then I'm roadtripping with my friend to Northampton, MA to see a hometown show the next day. Then they play in Buffalo on November 18. The best part is that it's acoustic and at Ashbury Hall, Ani DiFranco's redone church. It's gorgeous inside and I love it there.
And then before that, I'm working the merch table/get in free for Matt Nathanson on October 14. If you haven't heard of Matt, definitely check him out. He's getting much bigger with his music on TV shows and all this other wonderful nonsense. If you're going come visit me! October is going to be so awesome.

5) The David Archuleta song "Crush" is so catchy. It's been in my head alllllllll week.

6) The Penguins hand delivered some of their season tickets again, and I have to say I love this picture the most.

I bet you that cat has awesome seats.

7) We may be behind here at school, but I will never get sick of this video. All of my friends have resorted to quoting this almost 24/7. Can I have your numba? Can I have it?

8) There are only 29 days until Sabres season. And only 9 days until camp and the like. Thank god.

And the third jersey has been confirmed as the one leaked on message boards/TBN. Besides the weird piping near the arms, I'm a fan. 9 more days, for serious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be at that preseason game too! :)

Mary said...

Awesome! I'm pretty excited about it, besides the whole fact that my friends and I are painting our faces and everything too, hah.

Post a Comment