Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's a hard knock life for this blog.

Poor little BAGMG. I've neglected you so much, I'm surprised I haven't been contacted by social workers or something.

My concert weekend was AMAZING. Jack's Mannequin was so great (and $5 great bands for $25!), OneRepublic is awesome live and John Mayer is a guitar god, seeing Jon Peter Lewis again was good, and Jon McLaughlin is even higher on my favorites list. Plus, he's also one of the sweetest people ever. I'm so glad I finally got to see him live. I have a bunch of videos on my YouTube account and pictures here if you're interested. It was seriously one of the best weeks ever.
Then my family and I went camping in Watkins Glen. I haven't gone camping in forever, so that was fun... but my sunburn was AWFUL. Still fun.

I'm finally back at Fisher. If there's something else besides the hockey season that seemed like it was 80 million light years away, it was going back to school. Not to say that I'm ready for classes (because I'm not!), but it's great to see people again, and move into my room (HUGE upgrade from my freshman dorm). And our food service changed, which is exciting. Yeah, I'm sorry that food is such a big part of my life. I'm Lebanese and a Mountie, which means food is huge, hah.

Speaking of college, I think I have seen about 15 rooms so far with Sabres things, 6 on my floor alone. I'm really hoping there'll be some good game watching parties... I know the girls above us are big fans and if we can't watch together, there will be communication through stomping. I CAN'T WAIT!

But seriously. My phone has a "d-day counter", and according to that, there are only 38 days until the season opener. It seems more like 138, but whatever. At least preseason is in 2ish weeks. And then we have some Bills to hold us over, kinda.

And in closing, still no Pommers news. We know it's happening, I just wish it was sooner. Right now, all I can think of him is in Kayne glasses or Boats 'N Hoes. (If my Photoshop wasn't acting up, there would be some pictures all up in here.) Thanks, Summer Mail Bag. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I wish I had known more sports fans in college. Then my freakish obsession could've reared its ugly head sooner. Alas, I will have to be content with letting my freak flag fly now.

Good luck with school this year!!

Mary said...

It's good to have people to share my crazy obsession with, and maybe even find people who are even more obsessed! But whenever the time is right, it can be more fun this way!

Thanks!! And you too :)

Post a Comment