Friday, December 12, 2008

Maybe you'll rest sometimes...

... I wish I could. Except now, I can! I'm done with school for a month!!! This picture accurately represents my feelings.


Hank and Clarkie are ecstatic from way-back-when time aka last season 'cause Clarkie won it in overtime. And I'm ecstatic because I'm done with school for the semester!! Pure joy!
Granted, I'm gonna miss my friends, but November 'til now has been so disgustingly busy and filled with work that I wanted to cry. Sometimes I wonder why I'm an education major...

I did have a slight amount of free time, some of what was spent with hockey. My Student Activities Board has a "mandatory fun" outing for the executive board members. They tried to keep the winter one a secret, but nope, we knew we were headed to an Amerks game. (If you write in the email saying we'll be sitting inside watching but the ice makes it chilly, there's not much else). I fully prepared myself for a really bad game, and wasn't disappointed there (4-1, yeah).
But they played against the Iowa Chops, so we saw Drew Miller score on a breakaway 30 seconds into the game, which was fun! Also, since when is Rory Fitzpatrick affiliated with the Panthers? They announced him in the starting lineup and all I could think of was the All Star Game campaign. Since he wasn't noticeable throughout the game, that's all that I could associate him with after too.
And we got upgraded to a suite and were typical college kids inhailing all the food that was there. I also had fun explaining things to people because evidently I'm "askmary.com, for all your hockey needs" and no one else knows anything. Now I really earned the name "hockey girl". Good times.

ANYWAY. Now that I'm free from the School of Education's grasp, I have time to write up posts less than 4 weeks apart from each other. I know everyone missed me. Riiiiight.
Though, I do I get to go back to work. I'm not so happy about it 'cause I hate where I work with a passion, but unfortunately I can't work as a summer school aide for double the hourly rate during the winter. Money is money I guess, but I still feel like this...

Dear Ryan Adams, I'm just as excited as you are!!
(I'm on a DRA kick so that's the reason for the picture + title.)

Oh, right. Blogging. And the Sabres. I'm not gonna try and cover everything that's happened in a month, 'cause everyone's already read about it.
I'll just say Nathan Gerbe looks much smaller on TV then in person, I'm glad we had a good game on Wednesday with the fights and the effort, and TVans is a crazy foo'. And that we're playing Toronto tonight. That's all that needs to be said.

Now I'm gonna have some homemade pizza and watch the game on our flat screen TV. Sometimes I reallllllly like being home!

PS. I can't get this song out of my head, so stinking catchy. And I finally found a whole video to rewatch the greatness, ha.

2 comments:

dani said...

Dear Ryan Adams, I'm just as excited as you are!!

HAHAHA!!!! Love itttt.

Mary said...

There was just something about that picture that I knew I had to use it, haha. He just looks so thrilled about everything!

Post a Comment