Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An epic lack of sleep.

What an game. That's basically all that needs to be said. And here is a stream of consciousness since it is almost 2 AM and I need to post.
I've had a "OMG listening to this song/music & seeing signings & watching the Finals makes me more excited for the Sabres" post for a bit, but I've been too lazy to get it up. Oh well, that'll be soon... maybe.
  • Poor Bugsy... having a broken nose, then taking the shot to the face.

    C'mon nosey, put your heart into it! (Credit loblolly @ LJ)

  • I think it was AWESOME that "Sykie" called that he was going to score the game winner. He is obviously a psychic... I wonder who that would be for the Sabres. I say Jochen.
  • I can't believe the next goal actually won the game in overtime! The announcers on every. channel. repeated it every 2 seconds, and somehow it happened. Hockey is weird.
  • Those first two goaltender interference penalties were pretty weak in my opinion. As the announcers on NBC also mentioned 800 times, they have to clear that up this summer.
  • I never would have guessed that they eat pizza after the OT's keep on going. For some reason it's a weird mental picture.

    Goose is not in any way promoting eating, drinking and skating... watch for that PSA soon.

  • And I also like that they got it from Domino's. Sid LOLed at that for some reason. But seriously, you couldn't have gotten it from somewhere else? I'm sure there had to be a better place somewhere near the Joe... unless I am a spoiled Buffalonian and there isn't.
  • Brooks Orpik. 42 minutes played, 10 blocked shots. I am a fan. And MAF was a beast. Insane.

So hockey lives on for another day. I'm glad, because I really don't think I was ready for it to end yet. I was a little wary of the Pens in the beginning, since I didn't really know who to go with, but it was great to see them fight this far. Bring on Game 6!

And I'm exhausted.

ETA: It seems like 1 million Sabre things have happened today. Another draftee, Dennis Persson, was signed, Kennedy had his press conference at HSBC, and Kalinin is NOT going to be offered a contract. Yeah, I said the last part right. I'm happy yet surprised with the decision, especially that Darcy came right out and said it. I guess it's not sitting well with Max (evidently they were like ~*BFFZ*~)... though I think Max's time was short anyway. Very very interesting in how this is offseason is going!

8 comments:

Katie said...

I wonder who that would be for the Sabres. I say Jochen.

Jochen totally seems the type to be psychic! But I think Millsey might have it in him, too.

I can't believe the next goal actually won the game in overtime!

I know! Isn't it amazing how that works out? haha I was getting so frustrated with the Captain Obvious announcers, too.

Brooks Orpik. 42 minutes played, 10 blocked shots. I am a fan.

I've been saying this for a few weeks - Darcy, get the man in a Sabres uniform!!

dani said...

hahhahhahhaha!!!!! I LOVE that picture of Paul Gaustad!!!!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Dani, who doesn't LOVE that picture?! That was the background on my laptop for the longest time.

Mary said...

Jochen totally seems the type to be psychic! But I think Millsey might have it in him, too.

I think the both of them could work together with their forces. Then they could see ahead to what happens in June...

I've been saying this for a few weeks - Darcy, get the man in a Sabres uniform!!

I'd really love to see him in the blue and gold. And if Andrew was on at the same time, that'd just be so great!

Mary said...

hahhahhahhaha!!!!! I LOVE that picture of Paul Gaustad!!!!

That's what that lack of sleep/excitement from the game did to me. I guess I should think of things at 2 am more often!

Though... I'd say the piano picture is a better one. :P

dani said...

oh, the piano.... that one was too sexy for words...

dani said...

Holy Derek Roy's hair.

Post a Comment