Friday, June 13, 2008

NHL Awards!

I missed the Awards last night. I'm kind of upset about it for some reason. I was out with some my Mountie high school girls that I haven't seen in a while, and when I came home, the Awards didn't record and my sister hadn't even known they were on! I'm debating my idea of sisterly bonding time at the draft party, though she'll be the one who will handle/join in on my squeeing... hmmmm.

The only thing that did record was the NHL Network red carpet coverage...
- When the interviewer Lisa Hillary was talking to Dion Phaneuf and was like, "You have a special lady here with you, can we bring her over pleeeeeaseeee?" First of all, the name Lisa Hillary, seriously? But Dion kept going, "If you want to..." or basically "Do it and die." So they bring Elisha Cuthbert over and she basically shoots daggers out of her eyes. ahahahah, too funny.

- Is Malkin seriously that tall? He was walking by and was a giant compared to everyone else around. I never noticed.

- The outfits, ooohh boy, lol. Ovie's was crazy with the red, and I loveddd Iggy's tie. Polka dots rock.

Anyway, I've read up on who won, and they went to I pretty much thought they would. I thought Jason Blake would win the Masterson (I'd totally have Goose instead, honk), Bruce Bourdreau for the Jack Adams, AO for the Hart of course, Lidstrom for the Norris... It's really too bad that Pommers came in third for the Lady Byng, but it's such a huge honor to be nominated. It's all good Pommers, you get your own Buffalo Blogging Scene Award in the category of Most Adorable and Loveable Sabre.

How can you ignore that?

And yay for Kaner and the Calder! I didn't get to see his whole speech, but they did play the shoutout to Buffalo on the news and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Like any other Buffalonian, when a local person makes it big, they are just so awesome. I did hear about the keeping 25 teammates away from his 3 sisters... I guess proof is in pictures.

Is he really the oldest/my age? And judging by this, his dad already knew the comment and LOVED it.

And oh, I seriously love WGR. Nick Mendola brings the LOLs all around, especially with this.

ETA: What do you guys think about this? Is Buffalo a football or hockey town? Judging by the poll results and my own opinion, I would say a hockey town. But again, there's bias, so who knows.

ETA x 2: Tim Russert died suddenly of a heart attack today. That's so sad. A Buffalo guy, through and through. RIP.

2 comments:

dani said...

"It's all good Pommers, you get your own Buffalo Blogging Scene Award in the category of Most Adorable and Loveable Sabre."

Agreed.

And you were a Mountie?! I have some Mountie friends! Well, they were Mounties a few years ago...

Mary said...

I think he'd win it almost every year, though Goose might make some competition...

And yes I was! I LOVED it there, it was sad to leave.
Really? They're everywhere, haha.

Post a Comment