Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wait, it's summer?

Is it sad that I want to go back to school so I'm not so busy? There has been so much going on this summer, and especially these past 2 weeks.
I've been working at a special education summer school which is surprisingly fun (though exhausting), I've had 80 billion appointments before school starts, and then this week my brother Joey riding his bike got hit by a racing cyclist.
Yeah, weird situation, but the guy was going so fast in Delaware Park that he ran into him and my brother got knocked off his bike. Stupid cyclist didn't even stop. He's got some really nasty cuts on his arm and legs... so while my parents are taking him to get stitches taken out and the like, I'm doing a ton of stuff at home. I haven't had a lot of time for anything, and it's super tiring.

Anyway, I have been trying to catch up on news in the sports world. First of all, as most people, I could care less about the Brett Farve ~drama~.

BUTTT...Mike Ryan situation say what? I was really surprised by that, mainly because he was still a Sabre in my mind and just hadn't signed yet. According to the Buffalo News:
Regier said the Sabres had inquired with Ryan about a two-way contract so that he could be sent to Portland but Ryan decided to pursue other options.
We never really knew the super true feelings that he had about Buffalo, since he wasn't one of those spotlight players. But it seems like he didn't want to be stuck in the role of the two-way guy or not always having a spot, and that's understandable. Whatever he was thinking, he's caused a broken heart and I hope he can live with that. I'm so sorry, MJ!

I'm also super happy with the Teppo resigning. I think it's a great move to have him back as a leader for the team, and also for the defense. He seemed like he was the solid rock for the blueliners, and it showed when he wasn't there last year.
Quick story... the day Teppo came back to practices, he was one of the first people out there. Mike Funk was still playing with us, and he came out right after. Never playing with Uncle Tepps before, he went over and introduced himself, shook hands with him and everything. Not only was it pretty cute (lol), it showed how much respect Teppo gets, and how his presence was missed by everyone on the team.

new BFFS!

No matter if he's a main guy, or the 7th guy who takes a night off every few games, it's definitely good!

Now, unless there are more unforeseen setbacks, this and next week will be a good one. Summer school ends on Friday, I'm going to the fair on Wednesday to see my sister's/my old jazz band play... then next week is Jack's Mannequin (can't wait!!!) along with John Mayer and OneRepublic (even more excited!!!)! And school starts not too soon after that, which I'm actually really excited for. Not so much the classes, but the seeing everyone and all that jazz. It's going to be a fun end of the summer.

And if it would EVER stop raining, it'd almost be perfect.

2 comments:

dani said...

I know... the rain needs to end.

"and then this week my brother Joey riding his bike got hit by a racing cyclist."

That's terrible! I hope he's ok.

Mary said...

I'm so glad there was at least one day that didn't rain... I'm so sick of it.

It was a nasty accident, 'cause who knew another bike could cause so much injury! But thanks, he's almost totally fine now which is great. :)

Post a Comment