Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What to do...

Let's see, how can I talk about "the bite"? Twilight reference? Already used for something else, and Amy's got it covered. Hmm. What about players acting like girls in elementary school getting in a "fight"? Dani already did that. And the puns have all been used.
Wait, I got it! Where's Jeff Finger when you need him? ... okay not as good as I thought.
Dang! It looks like I'm gonna have to have a Semin drumming-style encounter with someone to create a fun line for blogging. Or maybe not be so lazy after games. Ehh, who knows.

What I do know is that embellishment or no embellishment, biting is absolutely ridiculous. Yeah Ruutu, you may not like the friendly, everyday facewash, but biting? Really? I just can't believe that it's happened in the league, and it's obviously happened again. Peters probably should have had his hand there, but there's no reason to chomp down like it was some kind of awesome treat or something. We'll have to see what happens, if anything... the fun of the NHL!
EDIT:
It seems like there's gonna be a hearing held by the league for good ol' Sharkko.

Though, I have to say, the rest of the Sens look concerned about poor Petey. Now they won't get their texts back as fast, oh no!


Oh right. The game. I expected the Sabres to curl up and not play. Game at home, against the Sens who are in epic fail mode... etc. Despite the 32 seconds of ~Spezza~, and being outworked in the 2nd period, they held on and didn't let the Sens win the game. Miller made some great saves in the 3rd to make sure the game was staying the way it was.
And I'm declaring my love for the Ellis/Gaustad/Pominville line. Random but it's awesome. Much love to you on the first goal and your effort.
I also am glad Rivet is back. Not that it's a good thing that no one else does it, but when he's in the lineup, he makes sure that no one goes near Miller. Otherwise, they're gonna pay. The amount depends on the infraction, but I digress... when he's in the line up and we're at home? Crazy.
Let's just hope that all of the good play can continue on to Friday against the Rangers... it'll be an interesting game for sure.

So despite being a Buffalonian all my life, I have never been to Chef's. It's sad, I know... I'm not a huge Italian food person and my mom cooks almost every night, so when we go out to eat, it's usually Tully's or something of the sort. Anyway, I'm finally going there today and I'm pretty excited. I can kind of chew now after getting my teeth out, so I'm sure this is going to be fun, ha.

And, I have to go back to school early Saturday for the wonderful SAB e-board winter retreat. Everyone else comes back on Monday or Tuesday. Awesome. Seeing my mom, sister and I are going dress shopping early Saturday in the ROC, we're leaving early. Most likely, this is a so-long 'til next week... you know my posting habits now so it's all good :)

4 comments:

Shelby said...

I haven't been to Chef's in a long time, but it's a lovely restaurant. You won't be disappointed!

dani said...

Though, I have to say, the rest of the Sens look concerned about poor Petey.

haha oh my gosh their faces are priceless! Petey did act pretty hurt.

Mary said...

Shelby, it was really good... and even an small gave me leftovers. New favorite restaurant, only when I have money though! haha.

Mary said...

haha oh my gosh their faces are priceless! Petey did act pretty hurt.

They look as if they can actually hold concern for him... faking or not it's still pretty funny!

Post a Comment