Thursday, January 1, 2009

Deja vu, I think.

Who knew holiday breaks were so busy? Not me evidently, as I didn't realize that different family parties every day from the 24-28 needed so much attention via cleaning, preparing and the like. I'm exhausted.

But not enough to ignore the continuing Sabres saga. Watching the Caps game was just unbelievable. Most of it has been talked about, but it was so frustrating to watch. Goose was totally right when it all relies on the players, and they had to change it themselves.

Then tonight, things were shaken up. Despite a small lull, there was actual control of the game. The guys played smarter, the players that are supposed to be our scorers scored, Ryan Miller was solid in goal, etc. What worked tonight? The traded stalls? Demotion to the 4th line? Teammates getting on each other's cases? We won't know for sure, but it was good tonight. The only thing I'm worried about, and it definitely on the mind of other people, is that it was just one effort.

It's happened before, they look great one game, mediocre the next, and then a not good one after. New starts, 2009, all that can be used as a fresh start, but I just hope that it all can continue in a positive streak. I'm never going to stop watching this team, but it's not always fun. Otherwise, I'll associate the Sabres with the Cullen family.

You know them to be pretty and mostly good, but one papercut when you're opening presents and it's just plain UGLY.
(yes, Twilight. The movie was terrible, the book wasn't really that great either, but somehow I got sucked in. goshdarn it.)

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow (I'm absolutely terrified, not as much of the procedure but the recovery...) so I'll be laid back with the blogging thing. Not like I post more than once a week but whatevs. I guess I'll enjoy watching the Boston game on painkillers, hahaha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment