Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Adam doesn't think you're a joke, he hearts you.

Back into the old grind... now that I actually have time and something to blog about! Woooot.

So, according to The Buffalo News, Paul Gaustad is fully practicing on a line with Peters and Kaleta. This is definitely a great sign, seeing that means Goose is getting even closer to coming back Thursday. Besides the positive of having another center/more options/more PK power and toughness, it means a higher winning percentage on faceoffs! (I seriously just typed Facebook. Sad.) I know the Ottawa game is a different story, but it was rough. So with Goose almost back, I'm pretty happy. I'll also confuse people less when I wear my Goose jersey and try and tell people who know nothing about the Sabres who he is... when he's not playing.

Also, Adam Mair has been fined $2,500 for the Ottawa locker room incident. My view on this whole thing was that I understand Mairsy was upset, and he has strong dislike for Neil, but it wasn't a great move. I was hoping that the NHL if anything was even needed, would give a fine and that's what happened. Even though I say the fine is still out there, I guess they had to do something as the commissioner was there, and the like to "uphold their image"... whatever.

Despite that, the reports of a suspension were completely ridiculous. If that'd happened, the NHL definitely would have needed to get their priorities straight. There wasn't a fight or a huge brawl or anything, just a little altercation... not something that warrants a suspension. It just makes me wonder how suspensions and other things are passed out, what they are based on, etc. Different is all I can say.

But speaking of the event, it seems like it was based on feelings towards Neil, but also dealing with Kaleta. Getting Caught From Behind says it well, that if anyone interferes with Kaleta, Mair is like the Hulk and goes off. Another clip on GCFB shows Mair going for Neil after he and Kaleta had a little mixup. And from the 10 Stupid Questions video on The Sabres Show, you can tell how close Adam and Patty are. I think the combination of standing up for a teammate along with the hatred from past seasons created the whole situation. The community of the team and other things are interesting to see as they fit in with this situation. No matter what, Neil is one hated player and can be dirty. Things should have been settled on the ice... but now I'm excited for the next Sens game even though it's January, ha.

Basically, what we all need to learn from this story is never piss Adam Mair off. It's much better to have a bromance then be on the recieving end of the fists of fury. And once you're on his good side, you're pretty much set for life.

No one's a joke here.

Oh, and welcome to all the new blogs popping up! I added a bunch to my now super long blogroll, but it's all good. I'm looking forward to new stuff from Caroline, Rachael and Lucinda, etc. Good times!

2 comments:

Cari said...

I love that Patty and Adam are BFF's... So cute.

Shelby said...

Oh God, I think I am really falling for Adam Mair, dang it.

Anyways, I would like to get a HONK! HONK! for the Goose. :D

Post a Comment