Monday, October 27, 2008

I'm back!

Moral of the story from the past two weeks: Don't go to a Matt Nathanson concert and have tons of fun working merch and the like, then catch some nasty cold/strep throat for the next week and a half, while at the same time you have midterms, a pit band rehearsal schedule that keeps getting crazier as the show gets closer, SAB e-board/Spring Event applications due along with meetings right after night classes, the School of Education application due, observation hours at a middle school, and family weekend where I was not in my room except to sleep.
Life: 1, Mary: 0.

Needless to say, I haven't seen more than 15 minutes of a Sabres game since last FRIDAY against the Canucks (which I have to say was awesome. Roy under the Canucks, bench, the man hug goal celebration, Peters actually fighting, Vanek being a crazy man...). Yeah, I watched the whole game then, but after that? Forget it.

I have tried to catch up though, as there is a lot I've missed. We're still unbeaten in regulation, we have more injuries with phalanges (seriously, do you need to do finger exercises?) and then Rivet out with his knee surgery...
I have to say, I'm not a fan of the whole not playing a full game and then coming back in the cardiac kids style. But we did get at least a point of out of the last few games (and all so far for that matter) so that's good.

Also, I would just like to say that I love the pigeon. And apparently Patrick Lalime really loves him/her/it.

no, he does not have a twitch.

That video will never get old, because you understand one more word of what Spacek is saying each time. And the 10 Stupid Questions thing, could Adam Mair and Pat Kaleta become even more like 13 year old kids laughing at "naughty" words? Sometimes they're ridiculous but it's still funny.

So tomorrow is at Ottawa. The Sens are 2-5-1, but that's basically all I know. Like I said, I haven't been keeping up with many things lately. But it should be an interesting time. We'll see what happens with Tallinder and his laceration, who's in goal, if Vanek can keep up his streak (The luck of having him on my fantasy hockey team), and the effort factor/playing a whole game. Who knows. I'm just glad I can watch!!

Oh, and the World Juniors basically being held here? SO AWESOME. I would LOVE to go to a game, but I'm sure tickets will be expensive and definitely hard to come by. It's such a great thing for this city to show off our love for the sport and all that comes with it. I keep thinking about it, and it's really an even bigger deal then most people even think of. The best 20 and under players from around the world. Just even right there is huge. But there's one happy camper right here. :)

2 comments:

Anne said...

I definitely had a heart attack of joy when Lalime was talking about the birdie, and when Petey was like "what have you heard?" when KSylv asked him about the pigeon.

Mary said...

They are fools, but they are such cute fools.

Post a Comment