Sunday, October 5, 2008

Liar, liar...

So I lied. I had that liveblogging post, and it was so atrocious that I deleted it and learned that I should never liveblog again. Or at least pay away more attention to whatever is going on instead of gossiping about the newest rumors going around campus.

The game? I saw 2 periods, ish. I missed the Derek Roy non-goal, though I did see some of the 10 failed powerplays, Millsy almost being decapitated, Derek Roy also getting elbowed in the head, Andrew Peters trying to get Downey to fight then drawing a penalty in the process (and looking all smug after, aha) and other nonsense. When I saw the 0-0 score after the TV finally worked, and I realized it wasn't going to be that great, I kinda was like, "Okayyyy."
I wanted to be all ~srs~ about liveblogging, but next time it'll be about something that maybe is more influential to my health, like a regular season game. Yeah, that's it.

Also on my mind, the Bills. Those stupid Cardinals. My school is the Fisher Cardinals, so I like them (even though we had a heartbreaking fumble loss B-lo style at our homecoming game yesterday), but not these other birds, no thanks!
Funny story. There's a guy on our varsity football team named Ryan Miller. He even looks like Sabres Ryan Miller, no lie. And his number is 30. I wonder where he got that from...

At least we're 4-1 into the bye week... but knocked out Trent Edwards is not as much fun.
What's with all the Buffalo athletes getting hurt? Paul and Roscoe and now Trent... Tim Connolly doesn't count unless laying on the floor of a bar from too many shots at 4am counts as a lower body injury. It doesn't even matter anymore since injuries don't have to be fully disclosed. Now we have to make up even better stories!

Now that I think about it, this weekend kinda sucked. I'm hoping things will pick up. I have no night classes this week, and it's a "long weekend" (though every week first semester is for me) so I'm going home. Most importantly, Sabres season opener time! Open practice on Friday with some people...mad sweet.

In closing, because I'm so tired so nothing is making sense, here is one of my favorite videos ever. It doesn't make sense (and that's just how Trevor Jackson rolls) but Boots and Kyle are so absolutely random that it's amazing.

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Liveblogging is so tough, you know? Plus the only access for a computer I have while watching a game is my mom's laptop, and she's usually on that, so no more liveblogging for me!

I think all Buffalo athletes should be encased in plastic bubbles from now on, to prevent random injuries. It's bad enough when the Sabres get plagued with multiple injuries, but we don't need that spreading to the Bills, too!

Mary said...

Yeah, I'm gonna lay off it for a while... I'll have to improve my skillz. Let's hope you get to try it out though.

Buffalo bubble athletes, I like it! haha.

Post a Comment