Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oh captain, my captain: 08-09 remix.

I love Sabres Insider texts. Breaking news is: Craig Rivet is the captain for this season, with Jochen Hecht, Jaroslav Spacek, Jason Pominville and Teppo Numminen as assistants... 2 home and 2 away.

I'm pretty happy with this, because I was never a fan of the rotating C. I did assume that Pommers would get the C, but this is definitely a good decision. From what I saw of him at the games and what I've heard, it's a great choice. Wooo for deciding a captain!


I'm sure he's actually more excited that that.

And additionally, Goose is now on the IR, so it's looking more like a longer time out that was originally said. No 82 games this season I guess! Poor guy and all his injuries. I'm still hoping that one day he could get a letter, because it seems like he's starting to get into more of a leadership role. He might not be the most outspoken guy though, so who knows. With the injury and the less of a veteran status, it might happen in the future.

But more importantly... THE SEASON OPENER IS FRIDAY. Friday guys. It deserves caps. I feel like this offseason/preseason has dragged on FOREVER. Like I'm 10 years older. Kinda. But I really can't wait for it all. I'm going home for my long weekend and doing the Party in the Plaza and the like, so it's going to be a fun time for all. FRIDAY!

EDIT: Mike Weber has now been assigned to Portland... too many defensman so Sekera says. Weber and Reggie were the only ones who didn't have to clear waivers, so there you go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment